ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER CHILLER REPLACEMENTS
The Anaheim Convention Center includes 1.15 million SF of exhibit space and is the largest exhibit facility on the West Coast. Linwood Engineering was contracted to provide design services for (2) Chiller replacement projects serving Hall A and Hall C respectively.
Project scope included the replacement of an existing 52-year-old centrifugal chiller conditioning 145,841 SF of exhibit space. Linwood Engineering, Inc. provided Mechanical, Plumbing, and Construction Administration services as part of a Design-Build group.
Our team analyzed legacy equipment capacities and engineered a new system to meet current building codes.
The project followed a traditional Design-Bid-Build delivery method. Scope included the replacement of (2) existing 40-year-old centrifugal chillers conditioning 155,673 SF of exhibit space. Linwood Engineering, Inc. provided MEP design directly to Anaheim Convention Center.
- Analyzed legacy equipment capacities
- Provided redundancy options
- Engineered a new system to meet current building codes
- Integrated a new system into the existing building control systems
- Provided as-builts, a new control system, and a new refrigerant evacuation system
- Maintained minimum design changes to meet owners’ economic conditions.
Type: Design Bid-Build
Completion: June 2018